Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Buying a camera

There are umpteen number of camera brands and models in market, I had planned buy a new camera and was very skeptical which to choose. Have you ever faced such a situation? I have filtered my options to three cameras which fits my requirement one is Kodak Easyshare Z712IS, other two are Sony cybershot H50 and canon powershot s5 IS. All of the three have its pros n cons. I did a bit of study on net before settling to one. Just sharing a few of them, which might be useful to you.
  1. Reading reviews on sites like cnet , dpreview etc. You can find more by searching on net.
  2. Groups from flickr (photo sharing site from yahoo) , this site has groups on the model of the camera. you can search with a camera model (Ex: canon powershot s5 is) and find reviews and photos taken from that cam. I strongly refer this as the reviews and photos posted in the group are from professional and amateur photographers.
  3. Visual reviews through videos, one such poular site is cameralabs.com , which provides you a total insight of all the camera features, pros and cons of it and some pics taken at different terrains and timings. You can also find the reviews of cameras on Youtube.
  4. You may also find some useful info from communities in social networking sites like Orkut, Facebook etc. Same here search with the name of the camera.
At the end you are the one who got to take the decision, so better do some research before buying one.

After my study about the three cams I opted to buy Canon powershot s5 IS; I bought it from Amazon with a 4 gb card, which priced me $315.

If you find this useful please leave a comment.

1 comment:

Camera warehouse said...

When purchasing a digital camera, it is often a tough decision to choose between a SLR digital camera and a compact digital camera. With this SLR digital camera review, we will cover the most important aspects in the decision making process.